Seafood: 40 ways in 40 days
Rainforest Seafoods Cajun Whitefish
1 tray pack Rainforest Seafoods Whitefish fillets (cut in thick strips)
3/4 cup milk
3 large eggs (beaten)
4 tbs cornmeal
1 tbs cajun seasoning
1 tbs powdered garlic
1 tbs powdered onion
1 tbs ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs chilli powder
1 tbs dried oregano
1 tbs dried basil
2 cups corn oil
Salt to taste
1. Marinate whitefish strips with all the dry herbs and spices and let it stand for a few minutes.
2. Soak portioned whitefish in milk, egg and hot pepper mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Remove whitefish from mixture and coat in cornmeal.
4. Deep-fry whitefish until golden brown.
Serves two persons
Chef Bailey's fishtastic tip: Serve with home-made coleslaw and enjoy!
Rainforest Seafoods BakedCornmeal Encrusted Tilapia
1 tray pack Rainforest Seafoods Tilapia fillet
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs thyme
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tbs lemon/lime juice
2 tbs orange juice
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1. Mix all the spices and herbs together in a bowl.
2. Place the Tilapia fillets into a pan and pour the citrus juices over them and mix to coat evenly. Allow them to sit in the juice for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove the Tilapia from the juice and lay out on a sheet pan.
4. Sprinkle lightly with the spices and herbs listed.
5. Place the remaining spice and herb mix into the cornmeal.
6. Season the flour and egg mixture with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange on baking pan rack and preheat oven to 200°F.
8. Cook until golden brown crust forms.
9. Serve using lemon slices and parsley as garnish.
Serves two persons
Chef Bailey's fishtatsic tip: Marinating your fish will not only enhance the flavour but it also tenderises the fish.
Rainforest Seafoods GarlicShrimp in Lemon Sauce
14oz Rainforest Seafoods Cooked Shrimp (large)
3/4 cup butter
3 tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in garlic, ginger and sauté for a few seconds until fragrant.
3. Add shrimp and cook for three minutes.
4. Remove shrimp and garnish.
5. Combine lemon juice with salt and pepper and drizzle over shrimp.
Serve with pasta. Serves two persons.
Chef Bailey's fishtastic tip: For a healthier approach, serve with steamed vegetables and enjoy!
Rainforest SeafoodsAuthentic Curried Snapper
1 tray pack or 1lb Rainforest Seafoods Snapper fillets
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tbs curry powder
1/4 tsp masala powder
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 small onion (diced)
1 Scotch bonnet pepper (minced)
4 stalks scallion
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté all seasoning in oil for five minutes or until fragrant.
2. Turn heat down to low.
3. Add diced snapper slowly and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove and serve with pasta, steamed rice or steamed vegetables.
Serves two persons.
Chef Bailey's fishtastic tip: Add a tip of cinnamon for stronger curry flavour.