No murders were recorded in three parishes last month as it becomes clear that June will record the fewest homicides in a single month in two years.
Police statistics obtained by The Gleaner show that up to Sunday, 79 murders were recorded last month, but none in Hanover, Manchester and St Elizabeth.
Kingston, St Andrew, St Catherine, St James and Clarendon accounted for 51 of the 79 murders.
Still, the June body count recorded up to Sunday is 36 fewer than the number recorded for the same period last year and 50 fewer than for the corresponding time in 2008.
Since the start of 2010, 817 people have been murdered, 65 more than for the same period last year, when a record 1,680 persons were killed.
However, the police have not established a motive for 523 of this year's homicides.
Acting Deputy Commissioner of Police Glenmore Hinds explained that investigators have determined several theories, but preferred to wait until they were "absolutely sure" before ascribing motive.
Meanwhile, commanding officer for the Manchester police, Superintendent Lascelles Taylor, said taking control of public spaces was an integral part of his strategy to suppress crime in the parish.
In addition, Taylor said cops have been targeting migratory criminals, which has resulted in an undisclosed number of persons being sent back to other jurisdictions to face charges.
"We are very proactive and we have a zero-tolerance approach," said Taylor, adding that this is buttressed by strong community involvement.
Head of the Hanover police, Superintendent Dermoth Lawrence, said keeping watch on major corridors and targeting suspected criminals were key to his division's success.
Lawrence explained that the move to "occupy our roadways" aimed to head off criminals travelling between St James and Westmoreland.