The Soloist, Contributor
Girls, you might be looking for Messrs Right, Possible or Adequate, but before you contemplate white gowns, cake and ring, here are 25 reasons to ponder.
1. You can go out on Saturday night with your gal pals and not have to explain yourself when you get home.
2. You can have the TV remote all to yourself.
3. You don't have to wash smelly socks, skid-marked underwear and (ugh!) hankies.
4. You can have the whole couch to yourself.
5. You can sob all you want when you watch chick flicks with your girlfriends - and they won't laugh at you.
6. You can eat cookies in bed and not worry about the crumbs getting on his side of the bed.
7. You don't have to worry about what the bathroom smells like when you leave it.
8. You don't have to listen to snoring and 'wind breaking' all night (unless it's yours, and then it doesn't matter!)
9. Nobody sees what you look like first thing in the morning when you forgot to take your make-up off the night before.
10. You can stay in the shower or bath as long as you like.
11. You don't have to share your razor with anyone.
12. You don't have to have a bikini and leg wax once a week.
13. You won't have him asking "You're not wearing THAT, are you?".
14. You get the whole bed to yourself.
15. You can have PMS as bad as you want without having to explain anything.
16. You never have to sleep on the wet patch.
17. There's no curfew and no explaining to do.
18. You can have that gorgeous pair of Jimmy Choo's you saw without having to say, "Oh, these old things!".
19. You can sit and read a book without feeling guilty that you should be doing something else (like housework).
20. You don't have to worry about being nice to your mother-in-law.
21. You can lick the ice cream spoon, put it back in the carton, then back in the fridge and no one cares.
22. You can wake up in the morning with 'dog breath' and you don't have to jump straight out of bed to go clean your teeth.
23. The credit card is yours to do whatever you want with.
24. You don't have to explain your outrageous friends to anyone else.
25. When you're single, you can enjoy the peacefulness of your own mind.