The Constabulary Com-munication Network has outlined a host of traffic changes for the vicinity of the National Stadium, which will host the Jamaica 50 Golden Jubilee Village and Exposition, starting tomorrow.
• Arthur Wint Drive will be used as a pedestrian area from the Bob Marley statue to east of Mountain View Avenue.
• JUTC buses and motorists travelling to the Bustamante Hospital for Children will be allowed access to Arthur Wint Drive from Roosevelt Avenue and Tom Redcam Avenue.
• Vehicular access to Arthur Wint Drive from Mountain View Avenue will be restricted during the closure.
• Motorists travelling along Latham Drive, Stanton Terrace and North Avenue will be diverted to Swallowfield, and beyond the Little Theatre.
• The police do not expect these changes to affect regular activities at the Island Traffic Exam Depot. All members of the public are advised to use the JUTC shuttle services from King's House, Up Park Camp (Duppy Gate by Deanery Road) and Jamaica College on August 1, 2, 5 and 6 only to travel to the venue.
Motorists travelling to the Norman Manley International Airport are urged to use the following routes:
From Old Hope Road on to the top of Mountain View by the Texaco gas station. Motorists can travel along the entire length of Mountain View Avenue, turn right on Deanery Road or from Old Hope Road, turn left on to Tom Redcam Avenue and continue to Camp Road and South Camp Road.
Also, motorists can travel from Half-Way Tree Road to Oxford Road and then go across to Tom Redcam Avenue to Camp Road and South Camp Road.
Weapons inclusive of firearms, knives, lighters, aerosol sprays, ice picks, machetes, umbrellas (walking stick type), glass bottles, water bottles that are frozen, or any other item that can be used to cause serious harm or injury, are strictly prohibited at the Golden Jubilee Village. All patrons entering the village will be subject to search, and the police warn that no provision will be made for the storage of prohibited or restricted items at the venue.