Christopher Thomas, Gleaner Writer
It was déjà vu in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court yesterday as the primary suspect in the highly publicised 2009 murder case of renowned British Consul John Terry failed to appear in court for a second time in as many months.
As on the last scheduled court date, Richard Ewen, who hails from Bull Bay, St Thomas, failed to show in court, forcing Resident Magistrate Sandria Wong-Small to set another mention date for September 17.
When the matter was called up on Monday, it was revealed that Ewen is in custody at the Central Police Station in Kingston, despite a directive from the court that he should have been transferred to Montego Bay from July.
During a previous mention on June 20, the court was told that the defendant was in custody in that jurisdiction on unrelated charges of robbery and illegal possession of firearm stemming from an incident in Kingston.
On September 10, 2009, John Terry was found dead from strangulation at his home in Mount Carey, St James. At the time of Terry's death, Ewen had been working as a security guard in Montego Bay.
In initial reports on the case, then-Assistant Commissioner of Police Les Green had said the two men knew each other, but did not give specifics on the nature of their relationship.