Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
Watch those awards!
1. Some are not only calling that the OJ award given to the despot, who recently took a broadside at the Jamaican male, be withdrawn, but that steps be taken to prevent our national awards from being thrown around like confetti. This they say coming on the heels of claims that yet another person, who lobbied for and was given an honorary national award, was wanted on sexual abuse and child molestation charges elsewhere.
Give them to cops!
2. Some are suggesting that in light of the current cash crunch, and the shortage of motor vehicles in the police force, the Government should turn over some of the impounded motor vehicles that have not been reclaimed by their owners to boost the police's fleet.
More to come?
3. Stories doing the rounds are that one of those facing the courts has much more to worry about as there are bigger storm clouds brewing on the horizon. The legal weatherman is predicting that what is to come will be big.
Head and failure
4. Quote of the week: When asked to comment on the erratic and boorish behaviour, the prominent businessman had everyone within earshot in stitches when he replied: "Failure has gone to her head."
5. Now that members of the Fourth Estate not only got wind of, but also broadcast the intention to stage challenge to the leadership and possible postponement of their annual confab, the challenge is no longer on the agenda.
6. Big-spender enters upmarket boutique establishment armed with several credit cards and driving a spiffy SUV. Two of the major credit cards are denied when tendered for payment and the third, says not authorised. To add insult to a very bruised ego, when the would-be shopper leaves the business establishment, the SUV was nowhere in sight, as it was repossessed and carted off.
JPS on the move!
7. Patrons at the high-priced restaurant were in for a very unpleasant lunchtime surprise recently, as their dining was interrupted by a number of JPS independent contractors, who came in to disconnect the electricity supply for non-payment of bills. The disconnection was averted however, when the contractors were ushered into a backroom which resulted in successful negotiations.
Stop the press!
8. There is talk of a political "Tell-All" bio in the offing. This has caused some jitters in the camp of the would be author. So now there are moves afoot to placate, as a pre-emptive strike, as they say the damage of such a book could be sounding the party's death knell.