She's no stranger to us, as she is a familiar face on the fashion and entertainment circuit. One of Jamaica's best make-up artists to boot, the petite-frame Loni Jones shares with Style Moments her definition of what it means to be fashionable. "To me, being stylish means having the ability to put yourself together so great you will have people wishing they were you in your outfit." She went on: "I don't think someone can be stylish if they don't have a confident attitude."
With an edgy, yest chic personal style, Jones confessed that like everyone else, she tries to stay current with fashion trends but likes to add her personal funky touch.
1. Confidence. Having confidence means you have presence of mind, you're courageous and bold. If you don't feel any of these things about yourself, there's no way you'll feel that way in clothes.
2. Shoes. This is such an important must-have for me. I could wear a plain white tee with some skinny jeans, but once I slip on those shoes, whether it be stilettos, pumps, slingbacks, wedges, peep-toes, low or mid heels, boots, dressy sneakers, loafers or flats ... that's when I feel sexy! Especially in high heels! Man I love shoes!
3. Basic LBD. One can never go wrong with a simple black dress. You can pair it with many other stylish pieces and make it different each time you wear it! No one will notice.
4. Watch/timepeice. One good watch is all you need! I'm not very big on jewellery, but if I do wear something it's likely to be a statement piece, like a chain of some sort. Now my watch ... I never ever leave home without! A watch is needed to be on time for those stylish events!
5. A good haircut and make-up. What's a better way to complete a look than having great hair and make-up? Having a haircut that represents your personality can be stylish. Make-up is a fixed essential for me, not for the obvious reason that I'm a make-up artist, but because a little can go a very long way!
Loni Jones - Contributed