Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
2. Some are expressing their total shock and horror about the carryings-on of the organiser. Some are complaining bitterly that the representative was not properly accoutred, which set her at a distinct disadvantage, but there were instances where the person took the participants on road trips and suggested that they foot the cost of their own meals and transportation whilst they were on official duties.
Too many rats?
3. Shopper goes into well-known commercial establishment and after browsing the aisles picks up a few items and noticing signs that a number of items were gnawed upon summons the establishment's manager and pointed out the problem, and was admonished for doing so as the timing was inappropriate because there were health inspectors in the establishment!
4. Friends are concerned that one of the defeated politicians might have taken his defeat rather badly and are now expressing concerns for his well-being. They say he has not being seen publicly since the elections, and those who have seen him fear he is losing touch with reality!
5. Patrons at the high-priced restaurant were in for a very unpleasant lunchtime surprise recently, as their dining was interrupted by a number of JPS independent contractors, who came in to disconnect the electricity supply for non-payment of bills. The disconnection was averted, however, when the contractors were ushered into a backroom which resulted in successful negotiations.
6. Some experts say businesses lose millions of dollars due to the absence of proper telephone protocol and customer-service response. They say unless businesses take their front offices and points of contact seriously, they will continue to lose out to their more effective competitors.
Party and money
7. When party functionaries called the long-time donor to the party's coffers, requesting a donation for funds recently, the story is that he responded with a string of expletives that would shame any old pirate.