Bebe's case put off until next year
Popular Montego Bay political activist Kenrick 'Bebe' Stephenson, who was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of property and illegal abstraction of electricity by the Lottery Scam Task Force earlier this year, has had the case against him put off until next year.
When he appeared in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court yesterday, Stephenson, who is being represented by attorney-at-law Nicole Allen, was told to return for trial on January 16, 2013.
When the case was called up, the court was told that the prosecution was in the process of trying to get an employee from the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) to give evidence against Stephenson.
The case against Stephenson stems from an incident on Saturday, May 19 when the task force, which was carrying out targeted operations in St James and Hanover, raided Stephenson's Coral Gardens home and arrested him for unlawful possession of property and illegal abstraction, among other charges.