Co-owner of fashion boutique, Modish Studios, stylist and designer of the soon-to-be released fashion line Flower Child 1999, Kaysian Burke reflects on her style choices while sharing with the Flair that her style icons are Rachel Zoe, Grace Jones and Audrey Hepburn.
Her personal style could be summed up as bohemian classic mixed with a little bit of retro edge.
To Burke, being stylish means being able to take risk with fashion pieces making them all harmonise and look effortless.
5 style essentials:
1. Flat iron - I must flat iron my dreads before I go out.
2. A cool watch - I love a big-faced watch, because it adds just the right amount of casual to any outfit.
3. Heels - They elongate your silhouette.
4. Brow filler - I never used to use one and I got one 6 months ago and wonder how it is I ever lived without it.
5. Stylish friends - Important so that when you talk about fashion all the time they don't think you are a total superficial bore or an airhead.