Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
1. Many people have been talking about the failed traffic amnesty with the concern that in such a small country there should not be piles and piles of unpaid traffic tickets and offenders who do not care to honour their obligations. Could it be that the offenders are overwhelmingly from one particular group of road users? How about engaging a collection agency to get what belongs to the Government? Finsac has very good notes on how this can be done?
2. Another failed politician is set to join the ranks of consultants, from reports reaching our ears. He would surely be in good company, as so many failed or retired supporters have found a place at the trough!
3. Hurricane Sandy, like Katrina before her, has exposed the ugly underbelly of America. Some people are trying to process the idea of filth-lined stairs in blackened apartment buildings where occupants have no water or electricity. Perhaps they, too, will learn the value of the scandal bag.
4. It is rather interesting to see that the spouse is now making the social rounds. She seems quite oblivious to the fact that her hubby has been busily getting acquainted with the women in the organisation. Many are starting to doubt the trite tale of an unhappy home life.
5. The wife has kept her words that she has no intention of leaving the matrimonial home. Through thick and mostly thin, she has kept the fires burning because she knew that after all the excitement had died down, her man would find his way back home. She confesses that life has never been better - her lame duck is forever by her side.