Chris Dehring is best known as one third of the triumvirate of trailblazing young men at the acme of private banking and corporate Jamaica in the early 1990s. Their signature bank, Dehring Bunting and Golding, synonymous with entrepreneurial success, pretty much told the story of the emerging class of young bright and with-it entrepreneurs who were busy not just charting their own course, but became the new face of business in Jamaica.
Since the success of Dehring Bunting & Golding, Chris Dehring has been pivotal in piloting a new link between sports and the private sector, as well as charting new courses in the world of business and commerce, while his former partners have gone on to to pursue careers in politics.
Currently, the head of telecommunications giant LIME, Chris Dehring is once more charting a new course, one those who know him well say he is more than capable of executing.Today, we share 10 things we did not know about Chris Dehring.
1. Is the father of two beautiful children - a son and daughter.
2. Represented Jamaica up to under-20 level in both football and cricket, and considers these to be his proudest achievements.
3. Upon his return to Jamaica, after finishing college in the United States, he applied to more than 100 companies in Jamaica and never got a single job interview.
4. He is an avid gardener, starting and ending each day by doing a little bit in the garden, which is his primary form of relaxation.
5. Is a sports enthusiast and that was the primary reason he started SportsMax, so he could see the sports he loves 24/7.
6. Has been to every football World Cup championship since 1990.
7. Technology and gadgets geek, and used the knowledge gained from playing around with gadgets to set up his own home entertainment system.
8. Enjoys creating water features and has built ponds and waterfalls for himself and friends.
9. Loves chocolate to the point of binging and binges occasionally on M&Ms.
10. To improve his golfing game, he has his own putting green at home but, so far, it has not helped his game at all.