Dr Michael Banbury has been a medical practitioner with nearly three decades as a general practitioner. He resigned as the CEO Medical Associates Hospital in July to concentrate on his private medical practice.
He is described as the dapper doctor by some in the media, the best-dressed doctor by his patients and the suave, debonair medical practitioner with an active sense of humour by others. Indeed, his sense of style makes his doctor-patient relationships less intimidating.
The goodly doc is a philanthropist who gives of his professional self in support of many charitable causes and situations. Today, Outlook Magazine shares 10 things we did not know about the affable medical practitioner.
1. Is the youngest of four children by his late parents Astley and Kathleen Banbury.
2. Hates public speaking.
3. Attended the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts.
4. Is an amateur gardener who enjoys gardening and collects rare and/or exotic orchids. Also, he collects stamps. He sees them as miniature pieces of art.
5. Loves to cook, but asserts that he is not particularly good at it.
6. Owned and rode a motorcycle for years until he was persuaded to give it up.
7. Is an entrepreneur and has been involved in starting a number of businesses.
8. Enjoys the outdoors and is an avid bird hunter.
9. Enjoys giving as an act of empowering and started a foundation in honour of his late father, Astley Banbury, in 2009.10. Collects art, antiques/collectables and is himself an intuitive artist.