On January 6, 2013, Training Camp will be holding its second annual 5K Road Race/Walk, at 7:15 a.m. You are invited to start the new year right by coming out to get rid of the extra pounds you gained from overeating during the festive season.
The race/walk will start and end at Manor Park Plaza. Prospective participants can collect or drop off registration forms at Training Camp, Upper Manor Park Plaza; or Training Camp, The Mall Plaza; or Trafalgar Travel, 14 Garelli Avenue, Kingston 10; or visit facebook.com/trainingcampjamaica; or by emailing:email@example.com. Registration closes at midnight on Saturday, December 29.
Male and female age groups eligible for participation in the Training Camp 5K Run/Walk are: Under-20, Under-40 and Over-40.
Registration details are as follows:
1. $1,000 for adults and $300 for children under 20 and seniors over 65.
2. Corporates/teams/schools: Teams for the road race will pay an entry fee of $10,000. Schools will pay $3,000 for up to 12 entries.
3. Companies/teams/schools may enter more than one team.
4. Additional entries attract a fee of $900 and $250, respectively.
5. Late entry fee attracts an additional $200. No entries will be accepted on race day.
No entry form will be processed without fees and forms are not considered completed without fees. They must be submitted by midnight, December 29.
The race will be run on 100 per cent asphalt surface, with two water stations at the 2km and 4km markers. Each of the 5km along the course will be properly marked.
Sponsors of this event include Delta Airlines, Manor Park Plaza, Caribbean Airlines, Answers for Children, Simplicity, HI-Lyte, Jamaica Springs, Training Camp and Trafalgar Travel.
For more details, contact Olive McNaughton, at 881-6895/929-0074; firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook.com/trainingcampjamaica.