Grading the Cabinet
Today marks one year to the day since 19 ministers were sworn in to join Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller in the Cabinet following the People's National Party's victory in the December 2011 general election.
The Sunday Gleaner asked a group of Jamaicans to rate the performance of the ministers on a scale of A to E, with A being the top performer.
In instances where the analysts were unable to rate the performance of the minister, no grade was awarded (UN).
The analysts have also included a grade FA, which is the grade assigned in universities when a student has not presented him/herself for examination or did not submit the requisite coursework.
The ministers have been rated on the creation of new policy and/or launch of initiatives to actively address issues under their portfolio, illustration of personal leadership and competent management of their portfolio.
Dr Hume Johnson, Dr Orville Taylor and Richard 'Dickie' Crawford had no discussions as they provided the grades, and the scores reflect that.
You can add your grade and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCORE CARD - Hume Orville Dickie You
- Portia Simpson Miller, Minister of Defence, Development, Information and Sports - D FA D
- Dr. Wykeham McNeill, Tourism & Entertainment - C+ B+ B
- Dr. Peter Phillips, Finance, Planning & the Public Service - B+ D- C
- Peter Bunting, National Security - D A- C
- Arnold Nicholson, Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade - C F- D
- Lisa Hanna,Youth and Culture - C+ C- D
- Ronald Thwaites, Education - B B+ A
- Robert Pickersgill, Water, Land, Environment & Climate Change - D F D
- Dr. Fenton Ferguson, Health - B B- C
- Anthony Hylton, Industry, Investment & Commerce - C C E
- Mark Golding, Justice - C B+ E
- Mr. Derrick Kellier, Labour and Social Security. - UN C- D
- Noel Arscott, Local Government & Community Development - C D- E
- Dr. Omar Davies, Transport, Works & Housing - UN D- C
- Phillip Paulwell, Mining, Energy & ICT - B F B
- Roger Clarke, Agriculture & Fisheries - UN F- C
- Dr. Morais Guy, Transport, Works & Housing (Housing) - UN UN D
- Sandrea Falconer, Office of the Prime Minister (Information) - D B+ D
- Horace Dalley, Finance, Planning & Public Service (Public Service) - UN D UN
- Natalie Neita-Headley, Office of the Prime Minister (Sports) - C+ B UN