The Great Wall
1. The neighbours have dubbed it: 'The Great Wall Of Upper St Andrew', as its construction has left many questioning its appropriateness, cost and affordability.
Why no answer?
2. While the police commissioner and the minister of national security are taking bouquets for the reduction of major crimes across the board, some are saying not so fast, after telephone calls to a police station in a very sensitive community went unanswered at 2:40 a.m., recently. They say if the police are not taking calls at that time, the public should be advised not to disturb them.
3. They say whoever it was who coined the phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", never met a certain man. They say the recent broadside was a culmination of frustration boiling over as a high seat was promised - some say in academia, others say in the courts - but circumstances caused the promises to be stalled.
Wine opener, an offensive weapon!
4. Some are laughing, others are not, after word hit the streets that the police stopped some motorists on the roadway recently and after searching bags and finding a wine opener (corkscrew with knife attached) threatened to arrest the passenger for what was termed "an offensive weapon". While some are in hysterics over the incident, others are not laughing and they say it's that kind of attitude and ignorance which continues to lend itself to the deteriorating crime situation.
Big one coming
5. Word is yet another big scandal is about to hit the public. Some say it's a case of thief not liking to see another thief carry big bag, so now stories are being leaked left, right and centre. Some say it's so bad former colleagues are scurrying for cover, to avoid the effluent that is expected to hit the fan.
For what reason?
6. Some professionals in the organisation are hopping mad that a certain person was given an award by the professional body recently. They say the country will not grow if those who are supposed to be the guardians of democracy are the ones subverting it.
8. Question of the week: "Just who do they and their 'spin doctors' think they are fooling?"