Do-it-yourself Wray & Nephew Rum Cream cheesecake
This Valentine's Day Wray & Nephew Rum Cream will be the official drink of choice for lovers.
Their special 14 days of romance ends today. Patrons who order an entrée from a special Valentine's menu will receive a complimentary slice of delicious Wray & Nephew Rum Cream cheesecake made by Michelle Smith of Chocolate Dreams. Participating restaurants are Macau Gaming Lounge and Bar, SoSo Seafood, M10, Chaser's Café, Truck Stop Bar and Grill, White Bones Seafood Restaurant, Gee Wee Restaurant and Lounge, The Deck, Jojo's Jerk Pit, Grog Shoppe, Puls8, South Beach Café, Cuddy'z, and the Pub at Mayfair.
But if you can't make it out, melt the heart of your loved ones with this special cheesecake for Valentine's Day.
11/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/8 c sugar
3/4 stick of melted butter
1/2 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 c sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup Wray & Nephew Rum Cream
3oz imported white chocolate broken into pieces
8oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
Milk chocolate to drizzle
1. Melt the butter and mix with Graham cracker crumb and press firmly into the bottom of a 10 in baking pan. Make sure the corners are covered. Chill crusted pan for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup warm milk to 3 oz white chocolate in a bowl.
3. Add 1/2 cup Wray & Nephew Rum Cream to the white chocolate mixture.
4. Cream cheese, eggs, and sugar then add to chocolate mixture and combine.
5 Add the other half cup of rum cream to mixture and mix together.
6. Pour mixture on top of the Graham cracker crust base, and bake for an hour and a half at 350°. The cool in refrigerator for 8 hours.
7. Remove from refrigerator whisk all ingredients for topping together and then poured on top of the cake. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate, if desired and serve.