The National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) said the results of tests related to noxious fumes that affected sections of central Kingston, in the vicinity of the Central Sorting Office (CSO) on South Camp Road, last Thursday, would soon be available.
However, yesterday there was another scare at the CSO, when two workers fainted and had to be taken to the Windward Road Health Centre.
On Thursday, the mysterious fumes caused 60 persons to be rushed to the hospital with numerous complaints, including tightness in the chest, dizziness and burning sensation in the throat.
The fumes also affected schools and other businesses in the area, forcing them to close early and send students and workers home.
Peter Knight, NEPA's chief executive officer, said the samples that were taken were sent overseas for analysis.
Up to yesterday afternoon, the National Water Commission was carrying out operations at the CSO to determine if the fumes emanated from the sewage network.
Initial checks by the authorities, however, showed that the noxious fumes did not originate from the CSO building.
"Right now we worried bad 'bout what happening," an employee, who declined to be named, told The Gleaner.
"We don't know what is what. Them things yah can mash up yuh health, and yuh see them make we come back to work and nobody still can't tell we what happen. Look how much days since it happen and more people still a get sick."