1. His life philosophy is "Pray as if everything depends on God, but work as if everything depends on you".
2. Collin believes that Jamaica's main problem is corruption, as it either causes or contributes to the other major problems of indiscipline, crime, and a weak economy.
3. His favourite personality is Marcus Garvey, whose philosophies and impact on the world he believes are still not fully appreciated and celebrated by Jamaicans.
4. Although very spiritual and trying to walk closely with God, he sees religion as divisive to mankind.
5. He loves all forms of music but favours reggae, R&B, soul, and country and western. He believes that, except for maybe the Psalms of David, Bob Marley's lyrics may be the most potent ever written.
6. Collin is a voracious reader/researcher, who practically lives on the Internet.
7. He has developed an intense dislike for cell phones, which have, unfortunately, opened the world to a lot of idle chat.
8. Although he has innumerable associates, his friends are few - as he deeply cherishes friendships.
9. Though aware of the health risks, Collin is an unapologetic smoker who enjoys a good cigar - his favourite is Dutch Master.
10. He subscribes to the tenets of race first, country next, then family, and finally self, in terms of life's priorities.
Collin Greenland is a graduate of Jamaica College. He loves his alma mater so dearly that he currently serves as the president of it's parent-teacher association as his way of giving back not only to his alma mater, but the community, with a view to upholding and inspiring the values that helped in moulding his character.
A distinguished writer, Greenland is also a graduate of the University of the West Indies, Birmingham University (UK), and Barry University (US), where he gained an undergraduate honours degree, a postgraduate diploma in business studies and a master's degree in business administration, respectively. Greenland has had a distinguished career in internal auditing, fraud investigation and forensic accounting, and has extensive managerial experience in both the private and public sectors, which include life insurance, the media, agro-industry, banking, and consultancy. He has participated in numerous seminars, workshops, colloquia and public fora, both locally and internationally in his various fields, and is a well-known contributor to local and international journals and newspapers.
Greenland specialises in fraud prevention, detection and investigation, and holds the distinction of being Jamaica's first certified fraud examiner, certified financial services auditor, and the island's first certified forensic consultant.
A foremost authority on all aspects of white-collar crime, he has been an expert witness in courts locally and internationally and is the primary authority in this field, acting as a consultant and lecturer in the discipline.
He is the founder and executive chairman of Kaizen Management Consulting and Investment company; an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, past president of the Jamaica chapter, and currently serves as chairman of the board of governors.
He is currently establishing a Jamaican chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and is the author of Persistent Perversity - Jamaica's Experience with Pyramids, Ponzis and Partner Schemes. He is also the founder and editor of The White Collar Journal and is currently working on his second book - Ananciland-corruption, a Jamaican Perspective, and his doctoral thesis at Revans University titled, Do Fraud and other types of White Collar Crimes Facilitate or Enhance the Perpetration of Violent Crimes?
Today, Outlook shares 10 things not previously known about Collin Greenland.