THEN: Ferry Inn was built in 1677 and was famous in its day as a stopping place for travellers to and from Kingston, who would pause there for refreshment and change of horses. Except for the horses, the inn serves much the same purpose today.
NOW: The old Ferry Inn by the Hydel Group of Schools on Mandela Highway, St Catherine.
We continue our feature which looks at structures across the island in the early years, comparing them with what they look like today. Chief Photographer Norman Grindley has searched the archives of The Gleaner and visited these places.