Thinking about getting a credit card? Then, why don't you? Here are some reasons for getting and managing a credit card.
1. Credit cards are convenient. Yes, this is the number-one reason for recommending the use of credit cards. Your credit card can be your safety net whenever the need arises. For example, if you have children or dependents, and live pay check to pay check, just managing to save a little each month, think about the 'what ifs'. In case of an emergency expense, credit cards can be very handy.
2. Best way to shop online is by the use of a credit card. With a credit card, you are able to make purchases online. Avail yourselves of goods and services from USA, Canada, China, practically anywhere in the world. You can get great savings from large retail chains in the USA like Target, JCPenney, Kohls, during their seasonal sales events.
3. Paying bills online with a credit card is a huge convenience. It enables you to pay on time, preventing you from being delinquent. Paying bills can be such a hassle when you have to go to a location and lines are usually long because everybody gets paid basically the same time and bills are due basically the same time. Save yourself from lunchtime bill-payment runs and dissatisfied employers; and if your finances are low, your bills still get paid with a credit card.
4. If you are a traveller or thinking of travelling, credit cards are vital. It allows you to book your flight online or over the phone. The same applies to hotel reservations. It is also safer to make purchases with a credit card than to move around with cash. So when getting a credit card, be sure to ask your provider to give you one that is internationally accepted; so you can spend in US dollars.
5. Give yourself a loan. Getting a loan, even if it is short term, requires credit approvals, paper work. With a credit card, you can give yourself an advance till your next pay check.
6. Build your credit rating. it is important to have a credit rating, as most creditors look at your credit history in determining your reliability. Should you be desirous of getting a loan from a bank or credit union or any financial institution, a healthy credit score gives you an advantage.
7. Credit cards offer rewards when you spend. Of course, you have to manage your payments and not get delinquent; but credit-card users earn points, miles (for travel), even cash back. Depending on the type of card you have and how often you plan to use it, you can reap great rewards, so be sure to check those out when shopping around for the ideal credit card.