Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
Time for action
1. Calls from within the governing People's National Party are growing louder and louder for better policing to curb the recent spike in brutal murders. Some say it's now time for resignations as a new direction is needed to stem the increase in criminality and brutal crimes in general.
OUR needs change
2. Commentators and veranda experts are all weighing in on the recent debacle created by the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) and are calling for a restructuring of that body. They say the current state of affairs, which produced the fiasco of an 'unqualified' preferred bidder, should be revisited.
We want Greg!
3. Word in some quarters is that Greg Christie should be called on to once again serve his country as either police commissioner or as head of the Office of Utilities Regulation. Those making the call say both organisations are in need of discipline and direction, and Christie can provide both to either.
4. Same-sex marriages may not be legal in Jamaica, but more and more Jamaicans are taking advantage of this new status where it is legal. Story is there are at least four new couples who recently tied the knot abroad, and have returned to the island to live happily ever after.
5. Some say it's a case of supreme irony that those once accused of practising malfeasance are now crying foul.
6. Stories abound for years now that he suffers from a mental disorder. Some say it's a case of schizophrenia, others say it's an acute case of self-importance, triggered by "ideas of reference and a sense of grandeur", which brought on a sense of entitlement!