1. Business Update: Net remittances up by 3 per cent. The most recent published remittance report from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) was for the month of July 2013. Net remittances for July 2013 totalled US$149.7 million.
2. Industry Update: Summer tourist season August 2013 performance bleak. In August 2013, long-stay tourist arrivals to Jamaica increased by 4 per cent over numbers for 2012. However, cruise-ship arrivals declined steeply, slipping by 27 per cent.
3. What is going on at JADCO? A closer look at the functions of JADCO, plus a list of Jamaicans across sporting disciplines who have failed drug tests.
4. Economy Update: Inflation rate for September 2013. Jamaica's consumer price index for September was 207.2. This represents a whopping 2.78 per cent increase in the CPI. The highest recorded monthly movement since July 2008 as reported by STATIN.
5. Chart of the Week: Boost in production - alumina and crude bauxite September 2013 performance. For the 2013 January to September period, total alumina production increased by 2 per cent when compared to the similar period in 2012.
Read more at http://digjamaica.com