The 18th Century Anglican Church in Black River, St Elizabeth, still stands firm. Inside are many tablets in memory of departed St Elizabeth gentry, many dating back to the 1700's.
St John Parish Church in Black River, St Elizabeth, constructed of yellow brick with limestone still stands firm over the years.
We continue our feature which looks at structures across the island in the early years, comparing them with what they look like today. Chief Photographer Norman Grindley has searched the archives of The Gleaner and visited these places.