Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
'Eggs or young ones?'
1. Shareholders are saying 'eggs or young ones', as the internal furore continues over the offshore deal that went sour. Word is some shareholders are calling for heads to roll and there are threats of lawsuits. Others are preaching peace, and so an arbitrator has been called in.
2. Her friends and those who work closest to her have dubbed her the 'Spanish Machete', and are busy warning others to avoid her at all cost. But when stories leaked that she has been soliciting from some that was enough to make even her staunchest supporters put some daylight between them and her.
3. Word on the ground is the challenger is picking up steam and is all set to create an upset. Some are saying, however, that a particular one has the keys to the victory, and is the potential kingmaker, based on delegate count to date!
Full of fear
4. Story is that word of the extradition is one player's worst nightmarish scenario, as the fear is now that the caged one will sing like a canary, in a bid to save his own hide
Taking others' husbands
5. Some say theirs is an open marriage, and that the husband has lost interest in their bedroom and so she is free to roam. The only problem is, her friends are complaining that she specialises in other people's husbands.
Is he smart?
6. Those closest to him say he is a kleptomaniac. Others say that term does not apply as he is just very 'smart'. The fear is, however, that if his shenanigans were ever to be made public, the aftershock would be devastating.
No help coming
7. When one friend called on another recently in a bid to stage an intervention to get a mutual friend to stop his wife-beating antics, the one visited reportedly asked: "Do you really know the wife? Because if you did, you would help him beat her!" Sadly, the opinion is shared by many of the wife's friends, who cite her serial infidelity as their reasons for doing so.