JFF supervising Daley's recovery

Published: Wednesday | December 4, 2013 Comments 0

Marc Stamp, Gleaner Writer

Tivoli Gardens FC midfield maestro, Keammar 'Dada' Daley, is receiving treatment for a groin injury, under the supervision of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

Daley has missed his club's last two Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) games because of the groin injury suffered during a warm-up routine for Jamaica's international friendly against Trinidad and Tobago last month.

Following Tivoli's 0-0 draw against Sporting Central Academy during the latest round of RSPL game on Sunday, when quizzed as to the reason for Daley's absence, Alvin Shaw, Tivoli's senior-team assistant coach, said, "Daley has not reported to training since he came back from Jamaica's game against Trinidad and Tobago over a week ago."

Further, the club's manager, Brian Rose, said while he heard of the injury, the club was not properly informed by the JFF.

Additionally, Rose they have neither seen nor heard from Daley since he was called for the two games against Trinidad and Tobago, November 15 and 19.

"I was not officially informed about his injury, but I heard about it the day after the game," Rose told The Gleaner when contacted yesterday morning.

Rose said he has made attempts to reach Daley, as he has not turned up at the club's training ground far the last two weeks.

Roy Simpson, manager of the Jamaica senior men's football team, confirmed the player was injured during the warm-up, before the first of two games, at the Montego Bay Complex, St James, and was assessed by the JFF team doctor, Ivor O'Connor.


"He (Daley) has been at a physiotherapist since November 18. The player has been attending the sessions and started light training yesterday (Monday). He is good," Simpson told The Gleaner yesterday.

Simpson admitted that Tivoli Gardens was not formally informed about what happened to the player, but insinuated that the club was aware of the situation as Daley had spoken to one of its officials. Simpson said, normally, they would have advised the club, formally.

"We did not inform them, formally, that the player was injured on November 15 and did not travel to Trinidad and Tobago for the next game. He was assessed by the team doctor and sent to a physiotherapist," the national team manager said.

"In any gathering of the players, the clubs are informed. Informally, they knew, as the player said he had told Dawn (Heron)."

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Top Jobs

View all Jobs