Jody-Anne Lawrence, Gleaner Writer
The Yuletide season is here and we are helping you to get your hair ready for those specials occasions. This week, we went to the experts at Sophie's Unique Touch Beauty Salon to get the perfect updo for your Christmas party.
Hairstylist Lena Clarke, affectionately called 'Lorna', used the Affirm hair line to help get Anieka Scarlett's hair ready.
After her hair was relaxed, set/wrap lotion was applied to damp hair to protect it from heating appliances. Scarlett's hair was then blow-dried and 'flat ironed'.
- Part hair in medium-size sections and use iron to loosely curl hair, leaving a section at the front for a side sweep.
- Part the other section in two, leaving a slightly larger section at the back.
- Part the front section (not bang) in four sections. Gently comb each section leaving in most of the curl then roll and tuck each section individually using hairpins to hold them. All should be pinned in the same direction and in the opposite direction to the side that you will be doing your bang.
- The section at the back will be one big version of the four previous sections and also tucked under in the same direction.
- Use the iron to curl end of hair and then lightly comb bang but do not comb out curl completely. Sweep it to the opposing direction that the updo was pinned and use the tail of a comb to help you achieve that one spiral curl, and use hairpin to keep it in place.
- Apply holding spray to keep hair in place.
Sophie's Unique Touch Beauty Salon, Shop #21, Mall Plaza.