Jody-Anne Lawrence, Gleaner Writer
This week, The Season is Hair takes on the task of getting your hair all 'done up' for cocktails.
It's the season for it and some of these cocktail receptions are held during the tedious work week and after a long day at work you, want to unwind and get all 'glammed' up but need to do it quickly.
We solicited the experts at Salon Exquisite located at Village Plaza to get a chic look that might not be time-consuming but glamorous enough for you to look and feel your best.
Here are the simple steps you can follow at home, that hair stylist Annalisa Richards of Salon Exquisite did to achieve Breese's beautiful curls:
1. Wash hair (Caribe Breese)
2. Blow-dry hair
3. Section hair into a moderate amount (not too small but not too large).
4. Holding the curling iron vertically, wrap hair around it from the root to tip. This allows hair to fall instead of roll under and gives it a soft look.
5. For the section at the front, start curling the hair at the end so that you will have soft curls that you can sweep to the side instead of having heavy curls falling in your face all night long.
6. Spray hair with a little holding spray to keep curls in place all night long.
Shop # 12A Village Plaza
Constant Spring Road