The Editor, Sir:
It is the season for miracles and my wish is not from Santa Claus, instead it is from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Since it was able to get our parliamentarians to pass a record number of bills, I believe it can push them further than we Jamaicans have been able to.
IMF, I am asking you, as part of your conditionality package, to insist that our leaders:
1) Complete the FINSAC enquiry;
2) Begin the Tivoli Gardens enquiry - 70 Jamaican citizens died there;
3) Establish a waste-to-energy plant. This will make our country as clean as any;
4) Reduce crime. I know if you tell them, they will find the political will to do so;
5) Reduce energy costs by reducing duties on equipment used for alternative-energy sources;
6) Create sustainable job opportunities, not this temporary JEEP business;
7) Reduce the backlog in our courts;
8) Insist that the prime minister carries out a review of the buggery law.
I have many more wishes but you can start there. Thank you.