Gazpacho & Tortilla de Patata
1 red pepper
1 teaspoon of vinegar
2 spoonfuls of virgin extra olive oil
1/2 a clove of garlic
1 spoonful of bread crumbs
A pinch of salt
A small cup of water
1. Peel the cucumber and chop together with the other veggies.
2. Pour all ingredients into a jug and use a blender until the mixture is completely even and in liquid form.
3. Run the mixture through a manual food mill to remove the peel from tomatoes and pepper.
4. Put it in the fridge until it is cold and ready to be served.
Tortilla de Patata
2 big potatoes or 5 small ones
5 large eggs
1 medium onion (optional, but personally, I prefer to add it)
1 small cup of virgin extra olive oil
1. Wash, peel and slice (thin slices) potatoes and onions. Add some salt.
2. Heat (medium heat) oil in a non-stick pan and fry the potatoes and onions until tender. Remove them from the pan while draining the oil and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs and add them to the potatoes and onions.
4. Remove most of the oil from the pan (leave two teaspoons more or less) and toss the mixture of eggs, potatoes, and onions.
5. When there is virtually no liquid egg left on the surface of the omelette, turn it over to cook the other side. To do this, place a flat lid or plate over the pan. Carefully invert both so that the omelette is on the lid or plate.
6. Put the pan back on the heat and use the palette knife to gently ease the omelette back in. And that's it!