Roasted Whole Chicken with Mustard and Parsley Rice
(You can't go wrong with this family favourite!)
Prep. Time: 2 hours • Yield: 4 servings
1 whole chicken
2tbsp Badia Complete Seasoning
4tbsp Dijon mustard
21/2 lemons (juice and zest)
2tbsp Badia lemon juice or 1/2 Juice of a lemon
5tbsp olive oil
3 stalks fresh parsley
2 cups parboiled white rice
6 cups water
1. Place the chicken on a baking tray, rub in Badia Complete Seasoning.
2. Mix the Dijon mustard, lemon juice and zest.
3. Rub this mixture on to the chicken, place a few slices of lemon inside and on top of the chicken, together with the juice of half-squeezed lemon to enhance the flavour.
4. Pour olive oil around the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Then roast it at 360 for 45 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Cook the rice in water with parsley stalks and salt for 35 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
2. When down, add finely chopped parsley and roughly chopped plum tomatoes.
3. Place the chicken on a platter; serve seasoned mixed greens and rice in separate bowls.