25-30 spinach leaves
4 boiled and mashed potatoes
11/2tsp amchur powder
1 onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
Oil for deep frying
For the batter
1/2 teacup gram flour
1/2 teacup rice flour or plain flour
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 teacup water
1. Heat the ghee or oil and sauté the onion for one minute.
2. Hold the green chillies and sauté again for a few seconds.
3. Hold potatoes, amchur powder and salt. Cool and shape into rolls.
4. Hold a small roll of the potato filling in the centre of spinach leaf and wrap the leaf round the potato roll.
5. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining filling and spinach leaves.
6. Combine the ingredients for the batter.
7. Dip the rolls in this batter and deep fry in oil.
8. Ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup.