Treasure new traditions
Caribbean Passion is happy to ease the process of preparing ham with its line of ready-to-eat, fully cooked hams, which cuts preparation time in half. No need to boil before baking!
In the spirit of treasuring new traditions, Caribbean Passion has created a non-traditional chicken ham recipe that is topped with a fresh salsa to add a little sweetness. With this easy recipe, you spend more time with family and friends and less time in the kitchen. It's perfect for no-fuss Sunday dinners or a mid-week treat and is great for entertaining.
Roast Chicken Ham with Fresh Salsa
1.5kg (3lbs) Caribbean Passion Chicken Ham
1/2 cup red onion (diced)
1 green apple (diced)
12 cherry tomatoes (diced)
3tbsp parsley (chopped)
3tbsp pineapple juice
11/2 cups brown sugar
1tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1. Thaw ham in refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. While oven heats up, place ham in a shallow roasting tray and cover with aluminum foil tightly.
3. Bake for 90 minutes (or 30 minutes for every pound). Prepare ingredients for salsa and place in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Remove ham from the oven and set aside, but do not turn off the oven. Prepare glaze.
5. Remove the foil from the ham and generously coat the ham then return uncovered ham to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. When ready to serve, slice evenly and gently spoon the fresh salsa on top.