Chinese Egg Rolls
12 egg roll wraps
1/2 -1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
2 chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
4 green onions, sliced
1 egg, beaten with
1 teaspoon water
Oil (for frying)
1. Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan, drain any grease.
2. Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. 3. Add to pork and mix well.
4. In large bowl, combine cabbage mix and green onions.
5. Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
6. Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
7. Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in centre of egg roll wrapper.
8. Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
9. Fold in right and left points.
10. Brush beaten egg on top point.
11. Finish rolling.
12. Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
13.Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350F).
14. Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
15. Drain on paper towels.
16. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce, or jalapeño pepper jelly.