Haliborange Ebola Facts - PROTOCOLS FOR TRAVELLERS FROM EBOLA-AFFECTED COUNTRIES - PART 2
With the expectation of an increase in travel for the Christmas period, the Ministry of Health now has protocols in place for persons travelling from Ebola affected countries within a 21-day period.
For persons who are showing symptoms and travelled to an Ebola affected area in the last 21 days the following steps will be taken:
1. Person will be temporarily isolated at the airport
2. Interviewed by the Public Health team
3. Transported to an Ebola Treatment Centre
4. Tested for Ebola and the appropriate management done
5. Close contacts will be quarantined, including persons who accompanied the traveller.
"We will need the cooperation of everyone as we put in place measures to limit the exposure of our population as we prepare for any possibility of the introduction of Ebola," said Acting Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Marion Bullock DuCasse.
All Jamaicans are being asked to do their part to keep Jamaica Ebola free. Protect yourself, protect your family, keep Jamaica Ebola free. Use the emergency hotline if necessary. Call 1-888-ONE-LOVE or 1-888-663-5683.