Jago's Shaw shines at Kirkvine meet
Raymond Graham, Sunday Gleaner Writer
Yesterday's PUMA/JAAA Kirkvine Development meet, held at the Windalco Sports Club, produced some outstanding results in the 200 metres with St Jago High's Class Three athlete, Kimone Shaw, leading the way.
Competing for the first time this season, Shaw, a second-year Class Three athlete, was a cut above her rivals as she had a clear victory in her heat, posting a good 24.6 seconds to top the overall result as Carla Lawson of Spot Valley High was second overall in 25.1 seconds. Michala Hewitt of Holmwood also posted 25.1 seconds for third overall.
Angella Jackson of Green Island High was best in Class Two after posting 24.1 seconds as Kisha Smith (24.5) of Herbert Morrison High and Lecia Robinson of Holmwood Technical (24.8) finished second and third overall, respectively.
Kingston College's Twayne Crooks and Hujaye Cornwall of St Elizabeth Technical produced the fastest times of the day. Competing in Class One, both athletes clocked 22.0 seconds to win their heats with Devaughn Ellington of Petersfield High finishing third overall with 21.1 seconds.
Among the clubs and institutions it was G.C. Foster College's Raheem Jackson and University of Technology's Ajamu Gragan who ruled supreme after both posted 21.7 seconds. Jason Williams of MAP was third overall with 21.9 seconds.
1. Evroy Johnson (Ed A) 16:53.3
2. Shane Buchanan (KC) 17:00.5
3. Roman Mundle (Belfield) 17:03.9
1. Jeima Davis (EdA) 11:25.4
2. Teresa Jacobs(Ed A) 11:32.5
3. Chris-Ann Lewis (St J) 11:34.4
800m Class One Boys
1. Ryan Dunkle (Petersfield) 2:00.2
2. Martin Manley (St Jago) 2:00.4
3. Lerone Bowden (KC) 2:02.9
800m Class Two
1. Jauvaney James ( STETHS ) 2:03.7
2. She Mar Salmon (STETHS) 2:04.2
3. Denvor Robinson (Holm) 2:06.0