Sat | Apr 29, 2017

Man operating as unlicensed tour guide has bail extended

Published:Saturday | February 14, 2015 | 2:00 AM

Christopher Thomas, Gleaner Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:A man who was arrested last month after he was allegedly seen offering his services as a tour guide in Montego Bay had his bail extended when he appeared in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court on Monday.

Kevin Barnes pleaded not guilty to the charges of operating as a tour guide without a Jamaica Tourist Board licence and resisting arrest.

Although the details of the allegations were not outlined, the court was told that Barnes was arrested and charged on January 25.

"The officer is not here and one corroborating officer's statement is needed," Clerk of the Court Natalie Malcolm told presiding Magistrate Natalie Hart-Hines, while adding that the file was otherwise ready.

"We will mention the matter on February 16. Your bail is extended," Hart-Hines told Barnes before the defendant was allowed to leave the courtroom.