Latest: Sports

Sarwan lashes WICB board for non selection

Published: Wednesday December 7, 2011 | 11:37 am Comments 0

Sidelined West Indies batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan has dismissed the reasons given by the Guyana Cricket Board for his non-selection for next month’s Caribbean Twenty20 Championship.

The 31-year-old right-hander was left out of a Guyana 14-man squad announced on Monday for the January 9 to 23 tournament, scheduled for Antigua and Barbados.

A release from the Guyana Cricket Board said Sarwan was not selected because the selectors are unsure about the status of an injury he picked up a few months ago.

However, Sarwan said he has recovered from the injury and is already working on his match fitness.

Sarwan said he had already briefed Ramsey Ali, the president of the Guyana Cricket Board, on the status on his injury.

Sarwan also said he had also spoken to the chairman of selectors Reyon Griffiths about the injury.

Only recently, Sarwan was in line for selection to the West Indies squad for the tour of Bangladesh but was ruled out because of injury.

He had not played competitive cricket in nearly five months.

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Videos

<

Top Jobs

View all Jobs