Latest: News

Broadcaster, accomplice further remanded in Jody-Ann Gray case

Published: Monday February 11, 2013 | 6:02 pm Comments 0
Broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray - File
Broadcaster, Jody-Ann Gray - File

Barbara Gayle, Justice Coordinator

The trial of Wayne Whyte, the alleged mastermind behind the attack on broadcaster Jody-Ann Gray, has again been pushed back.


The matter should have started in the Gun Court this morning.

But the court was told that no preparation was made for the complainant to return from overseas to appear today.

The defence said it was ready to begin its case.

The matter was then rescheduled to April 9.

Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr were further remanded.

They are charged with wounding with intent, illegal possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition.

Gray was attacked as she arrived home in Cedar Grove in Portmore, St Catherine on April 4 last year.

At that time she was reportedly seven months pregnant.

FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:


Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner

editorial@gleanerjm.com

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Videos

Top Jobs

View all Jobs