Latest: News

VIDEO: CSO staff evacuates after noxious fumes release

Published: Thursday February 28, 2013 | 4:53 pm Comments 0
An ambulance waiting to transport CSO staff to the hospital after the release of noxious fumes - Ricardo Makyn/ Photographer.
An ambulance waiting to transport CSO staff to the hospital after the release of noxious fumes - Ricardo Makyn/ Photographer.
A policeman responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO building - Ricardo Makyn/Photographer.
A policeman responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO building - Ricardo Makyn/Photographer.
Emergency personnel responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
Emergency personnel responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
Emergency personnel assisting a woman after the release of noxious fumes at CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Photographer.
Emergency personnel assisting a woman after the release of noxious fumes at CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Photographer.
State minister Julian Robinson responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
State minister Julian Robinson responding to the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
Emergency personnel assisting a woman after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
Emergency personnel assisting a woman after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
A woman fainted after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
A woman fainted after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
This woman covers her face after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
This woman covers her face after the release of noxious fumes at the CSO - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer

Workers and customers at the Central Sorting Office (CSO) of the Post and Telecoms Department in Kingston today had to be evacuated after noxious fumes were detected at the building.

Nearby schools were also suspended.



Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner


editorial@gleanerjm.com

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Videos

Top Jobs

View all Jobs