Latest: News

No plans to block JUTC depots, says JATOO

Published: Monday December 9, 2013 | 2:44 pm Comments 0

The Jamaica Association of Transport Owners and Operators (JATOO) have dismissed reports that its members plan to block the entrances of three depots operated by the state-run bus company.

Last week private bus operators withdrew their service in protest against the decision of the Jamaica Urban Transit Company to reduce sub-franchise routes.

There were also reported incidents that operators blocked sections of the Transport Centre in Half-Way Tree, St Andrew.

President of JATOO Louis Barton says there is no plan to continue protest action in any form, as operators have resumed duties.

He says JATOO considers any plan to block the entrances to the depots as totally ill-advised and detrimental to any negotiated settlement with the Transport Ministry.

Representatives of JATOO are to meet with minister without portfolio Dr Morais Guy and representatives from the Transport Authority tomorrow in an effort to resolve the impasse.

FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:


Like our new Facebook page:
Gleaner Jamaica

Follow us on Twitter:
@JamaicaGleaner

Email: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Videos

Top Jobs

View all Jobs