Tue | Jul 16, 2019

WICB to continue disciplinary action against players

Published:Monday | September 7, 2009 | 6:08 PM

The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) says it will continue the disciplinary matters against players who went on strike during Bangladesh’s tour of the Caribbean recently.



Top players including captain Chris Gayle, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Dwayne Bravo and Shivnarine Chanderpaul went on strike due to contracts dispute between the WICB and the West Indies Players Association (WIPA).



Disciplinary action against the players was suspended in favour of a settlement through mediation.



However, the WICB said at an emergency meeting in Antigua today that it would resume disciplinary action.



The decision was taken less than a week after mediation to resolve contracts dispute between the WICB, and senior players collapsed.



The WICB says the players had committed breaches of the Code of Conduct during the England tour, Indian Tour and the Bangladesh Tour earlier this year.