Thu | Apr 19, 2018

15 dead, hundreds sickened by cholera outbreak in Cuba - report

Published:Sunday | July 8, 2012 | 5:59 PM

The CMC says at least 15 people are dead and hundreds more sickened in the first cholera outbreak in Cuba in a century.



However, Cuba’s public health ministry has said the situation was under control. The officials report three people had been killed in the southeastern Granma province, while 50 others had been affected.



The intestinal disease appeared to have first surfaced in Granma, but the BBC says one woman has been diagnosed with the disease in the capital, Havana.