Sat | Mar 28, 2015

Broadcaster, accomplice further remanded in Jody-Ann Gray case

Published:Monday | February 11, 2013

Barbara Gayle, Justice Coordinator



The trial of Wayne Whyte, the alleged mastermind behind the attack on broadcaster Jody-Ann Gray, has again been pushed back.




The matter should have started in the Gun Court this morning.



But the court was told that no preparation was made for the complainant to return from overseas to appear today.



The defence said it was ready to begin its case.



The matter was then rescheduled to April 9.



Whyte and his co-accused Safari Farr were further remanded.



They are charged with wounding with intent, illegal possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition.



Gray was attacked as she arrived home in Cedar Grove in Portmore, St Catherine on April 4 last year.



At that time she was reportedly seven months pregnant.



FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:




Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica



Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner



editorial@gleanerjm.com