Broadcaster on assault charge for court November 19
Rasbert Turner, Gleaner Writer
Broadcaster Michael Sharpe has pleaded not guilty to the charge of assault occasioning bodily harm.
He was charged last week following an incident on May 14 in which he reportedly assaulted a woman in Portmore, St Catherine.
When the case was called up this morning, the court was told that the complainant and her boyfriend were involved in an argument during which she received injuries to her mouth.
He is to return to court on November 19.
Sharpe, who is a District Constable, was reportedly asked to intervene.
The court was further told that in trying to restrain the woman, Sharpe held on to her and she fell and was injured.
A report was made and the broadcaster was later charged following a ruling by the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Sharpe is being represented by Attorney-at-Law, Remona Nelson, and is out on a $50,000 bail on his own surety.
Sharpe has been warned to stay away from the complainant after it was revealed in court that he had made attempts to contact her during the course of the investigation.
FOR MORE STORIES WATCH: