Gas leak threat removed from Robert Lightbourne High
Deon Green, Gleaner Writer
The Morant Bay Fire Department yesterday morning had to move quickly to stem a gas leak at the Robert Lightbourne High School in St Thomas.
It was the second incident in which noxious fumes were leaked in that parish within a week.
Reports reaching The Gleaner/Power 106 News Centre are that the most recent leak happened after ancillary workers at the school began removing a cylinder that serves the science laboratory.
It’s understood that the school's administration activated its health and safety measures, cordoning off the area and keeping the students and members of Staff out of any danger.
The cylinder was then removed from the premises.
WATCH: Special Report - Small plane crashes in Jamaican waters