Sat | Dec 3, 2016

CRICKET: West Indies denies canceling India tour

Published:Friday | October 17, 2014 | 3:32 PM

The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has denied reports that it has taken a decision to discontinue the ongoing tour of India.



The WICB denied the report in a release shortly after the news surfaced out of India saying it will make a further statement soon.



Earlier, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said the tour had been called off by the WICB.



The developments followed a protracted payment structure dispute between the players, the WICB and West Indies Players' Association.



The BCCI says it was shocked and disappointed that the decision to abandon the tour had been taken by the WICB.



The BCCI further says that India will now play five ODIs against Sri Lanka between November 1 and 15, after Sri Lanka Cricket accepted the invitation to fill the void.



WATCH ... END2END: Jamaica volleyball dispute ... Hue on the defence




Follow us on Twitter:

@JamaicaGleaner



Follow us on Instagram:

jamaicagleaner



Watch our videos on YouTube:

Jamaica Gleaner



Email us: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com