Mon | Dec 5, 2016

Seven left homeless after fire destroys St Elizabeth home

Published:Tuesday | October 21, 2014 | 3:46 PM

Four adults and three children were left homeless last night after fire destroyed their house in Union, Balaclava in St Elizabeth.



Reports are that sometime after 9 o’clock last night they were alerted to fire coming from sections of the house.



The Fire Brigade was notified and a unit from the Santa Cruz Fire Station responded but firefighters were unable to save the building.



It is reported that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.



The loss was valued at approximately $16 million and the building was not insured.



WATCH: THE GLEANER MINUTE




Follow us on Twitter:

@JamaicaGleaner



Follow us on Instagram:

jamaicagleaner



Watch our videos on YouTube:

Jamaica Gleaner



Email us: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com