Further revision to supplementary estimates before House possible
There could be further revision to the first supplementary estimates tabled in the House of Representatives last week.
Lorris Jarrett, a deputy financial secretary in the finance ministry, has said it is likely that funds will be identified to make an upward adjustment to the budget before the House debates it on December 9.
Jarrett made the disclosure as she responded to questions during yesterday’s sitting of the Public Administration and Appropriations Committee.
The supplementary estimates propose a budget cut which will see projected spending moving from the approximately $540 billion approved in April to about $539.3 billion.
This is $739.6 million less than had initially been budgeted for this year.
Committee member Mike Henry, who is the MP for Central Clarendon, had complained that the allocation set aside for bauxite producing constituencies has not been disbursed.
Henry said he has been agitating on behalf of these constituencies which he said have not received a $3-million allocation to undertake developmental projects.
The deputy financial secretary responded that funding for those projects is being put in place.
WATCH: GLEANER MINUTE