Security forces, Cabinet Office given February 27 deadline to release Tivoli operation documents
The security forces and the Cabinet Office have been given until February 27 to release all documents relating to the planning and execution of the May 2010 West Kingston operation.
Chairman of the West Kingston Commission, Sir David Simmons, made the ruling this morning.
He made the ruling after Lord Anthony Gifford read out a notice served last week on agencies including the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) and the United States Embassy.
Lead attorney for the JDF, Linton Gordon argued that the commission may not be the appropriate forum through which the documents can be requested.
He said the request should be made to the Defence Board.
The lawyer for the police, Deborah Martin told the enquiry that a careful approach has to be taken in releasing what she called privileged information.
After hearing the arguments, the enquiry’s chairman said he has noted that certain rules are not being observed as it relates to the disclosure of documents.
He said all entities from whom information has been requested should submit a list of all the documents they have.
And also indicate those documents which may not be released because of security concerns.
WATCH: JAMAICA NOW